God’s call to repentance is persisting, are we listening?
When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then i will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and will heal their land.2 Chronicles 7:13-14
In March 2020, we posted an article titled “Is the Coronavirus being used by God to call us to repentance?“ in which we highlighted the connection between 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 and the following events:
- The 2019 Australian drought and fires;
- The 2020 Asia and East Africa locust invasions;
- The Coronavirus pandemic.
Our conclusion from that article and the subsequent one was that God was calling Israel, the Church and the world to repent from sexual perversion, corruption and materialism. We have since seen some degree of repentance, like the overturning of Roe v Wade, a 1973 ruling by the United States Supreme Court that gave women the constitutional right to have an abortion. Despite, this major victory for bible believing Christians in the US and around the world, the overall trajectory of man’s morals continues downward. A good example of this is how anti-biblical views on sexuality have become mainstream. Just a few weeks ago, Disney and Pixar released an animation called Lightyear, which is a spin off of the Toy Story series. This new release had a same sex kissing scene for the first time in a Disney animation! So not only is the world walking in open rebellion to Gods ways, but has now gone further by indoctrinating children to do the same! Jesus himself declared that people who mislead children are deserving of very harsh punishment.
“Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.”Luke 17:1-2
So how has God responded to the defiance of man? He has sent more judgments on the earth which still have a connection to 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 i.e drought/heatwaves, locusts and plague.
- First we have seen record heat waves registered in parts of the world like Europe, America and Asia. The United Kingdom for example recorded temperatures of over 40C for the first time in the month of July. This was past the UK’s previous record of 38.7C set in 2019. In May, Jacobabad in Pakistan reached a scorching 49C, one of the hottest temperatures ever recorded on earth!
- Billions of locusts are swarming across the Italian island of Sardinia, the worst invasion for over 30 years. The insects have been swarming the Island since 2019 and have decimated crops over thousands of acres of land. Interestingly, rising temperatures and lack of rain play a big role in these invasions as dry and compacted soil makes it easier for the locusts to lay their eggs.
- There is now also a global outbreak of Monkey pox which the World Health Organization has now declared to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. The disease is endemic in central and West African nations like Nigeria but from May of this year, it has been detected in several countries outside this area with most cases in gay or bisexual men. The current epicenter of the disease is Europe. Fortunately, the disease is mild in most people who recover in 2-4 weeks.
Our observation is that all these 2022 events seem to be centered in Europe, where we are also witnessing a war between Ukraine and Russia. This conflict led to shortages of fuel and grain around the world which in turn accelerated the inflation that was already caused by the COVID19 pandemic!
|2 Chronicles 7:13-14||2019/2020||2022|
|No rain||Australian drought and fires||American, European and Asian heatwaves|
|Locusts||Asia and East Africa locust invasions||Sardinia locust invasion which started in 2019|
|Plague||Coronavirus pandemic||Monkey pox Public Health Emergency of International Concern|
So God is still sending the same message he did starting in 2019, especially to His people Israel and the Church, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then i will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and will heal their land.” This is because these two groups of people are supposed to act as the light to the nations, and lead them into the Way of righteousness (Matthew 5:14-15). The moral decay we see in society today is therefore a reflection of the moral state of these groups of people. If there is no repentance, we will most likely see a continued escalation of judgment.
The time has come! The day has arrived! Let not the buyer rejoice nor the seller grieve, for my wrath is on the whole crowd. The seller will not recover the property that was sold— as long as both buyer and seller live. For the vision concerning the whole crowd will not be reversed. Because of their sins, not one of them will preserve their life. They have blown the trumpet, they have made all things ready, but no one will go into battle, for my wrath is on the whole crowd. Outside is the sword; inside are plague and famine. Those in the country will die by the sword; those in the city will be devoured by famine and plague.Ezekiel 7:12-15